Friday, May 4, 2012

Let Me Introduce Myself

Welcome here. Expect the unexpected. Expect bold in your face statements of life according to Whit.  You may not like what I say, but I ask you to think about it. I don't need to change your mind, you don't need to change mine, but at least we can have some dialogue and try to appreciate each others' point of view.

I will definitely talk about hoarding and family relationships. I used to shy away from politics and religion, but I feel the atmosphere in this country is diseased so we must speak up or accept what is handed to us. I don't accept the party line any longer. So yes, I'm gonna give my opinion on religion and politics. We may disagree, but once again, I believe it is possible to share views in a spirited manner without resorting to name calling and "unfriending" each other. Lets face it, you came to my blog, I did not come to you.

I believe I grew up with undiagnosed ADD.  I would just blurt out what I thought. It got me into a lot of trouble as a kid.  I've always spoken up, described the elephant in the room in great detail. I went through a stage when I didn't understand people's reaction to me. I thought I was broken which isn't so good for the self-esteem.  As I've gotten older I realize that most people are just very uncomfortable with the truth; or at least the obvious. It was not until I was in my 20's that I started to use a filter between my brain and mouth. Yes, I've learned to filter, but mostly to prevent hurting some one's feelings, not to suppress the truth. I've been told I'm an old wise soul; even as a little kid. People come to me for advice. I've never understood why, just kind of shrugged my shoulders and accepted it. You will know where you stand with me. Brutally honest. Blunt.

I grew up in a hoard. My life didn't start that way, it devolved. Lots of dysfunction, but it formed who I am and my scars haven't crippled me. Lying and keeping secrets, I have learned allows those secrets to become more than they are; more than they need to be. Secrets and lies take over your life. They run parallel to hoarding.

My dear NOLA COH buddies get a shout out; for they encouraged me to do this. Don't know what it will look like, don't know who will read it, don't know if it will help or will hurt. Let the ride begin.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, Whit - Sid from MILbetween us sent me.

    Welcome to the blogosphere. I did not grow up in a hoard, but moved in with somebody with the seeds of hoarding, well-planted. When I realized this, and OCPD, was his issue, I moved out. So I blog about hoarding and co-dependence and perfectionism and OCPD and the whole process of rediscovering oneself. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete